1. Classroom Teacher Recommendation
A student needs a minimum score of 9 points out of a possible 13 on the Classroom Teacher Recommendation Checklist to be considered for the Program.
If a student does not receive at least 9 points from his/her classroom teacher, the student will not be considered for the program.
2. Students must rank 2 years ahead of grade level on district math and reading assessments.
3. Students must have an IQ score of at least 120 to be considered for the program.
1. Asks how and why things
2. Displays qualities of leadership
3. Indicates an interest in some topic
4. Sees beyond the situation
5. Notes and provides details
6. Displays originality
7. Has avid interest in learning
8. Resourceful - Can solve problems by using diverse methods
9. Has keen sense of humor and sees humor in situations others do not see
10. Uses a large number of words easily and accurately
11. Has diverse, spontaneous and frequently self directed interest
12. Is creative
13. Displays exceptional talent in an area
RCS students found eligible for the Gifted Program for the previous school year will remain eligible for the program in the current school year.
**If a student withdraws from the district, he/she must requalify if returning to RCS.