SOAR-Intensive Academic Outreach (IAO)
Investing in the future of Rantoul - one youth at a time!
The SOAR-Intensive Academic Outreach Program is a community-based in-school and after-school mentoring, tutoring and family advocacy program at J.W. Eater Junior High School for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students and their parents.
Our Wesbite: http://soaryouthprograms.ning.com/
Who is eligible to participate in SOAR-IAO?
• Students who have been retained
• Students struggling academically (i.e. - failing 3 or more subjects, unorganized, focus & concentration issues, not able to stay on task)
• Students with poor attendance
What will be expected of the youth?
• Must have parent involvement and support
• Student must want to participate
• Students will be expected to participate in all aspects of the program