Mrs. Jane Jordahl has been Director of Bands at Eater Junior High School since the Spring, 2004. Mrs. Jordahl is responsible for all instrumental music instruction from beginning band through 8th grade. Mrs. Jordahl received her Bachelor of Music Education Degree from Illinois State University, Normal and a Master of Education Degree from The University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. In addition to her duties at school she also plays saxophone professionally in the Champaign-Urbana area and directs a church choir.
RCS Announces Summer Band-Click for more details.
Pictures of JWE Band 2009 Spring Concert.
Pictures of JWE Band 2011 Winter Concert
Information on JWE Band Boosters.
The Eater Junior High School Band Program is set in a series of levels:
1. Blue Cadet Band - Beginning band lessons are offered to 6th graders at Eater during their normal study hall time. During the 2nd semester, Blue Band students will become part of the Blue & Gold Cadet Band.
2. Gold Cadet Band - Gold band is open to 6th grade students who have successfully completed the summer music beginning band program. The Gold Band meets 2 days a week during 3rd hour (study hall) and once every 7th school day during p.e. We combine in December to make the Blue & Gold Cadet Band.
3. Dog Pound Jazz Band - Open to interested 6th grade band members during second semester. Meets once or twice a week during study hall.
4. Concert Band - Open to 7th and 8th grade students who already play a band instrument or who have successfully completed the summer music beginning band program. Concert band meets 2 days a week during 2nd hour (study hall) and once every 7th school day during p.e. The concert band takes a trip to a far away competition every other school year.
5. Bulldog Jazz Band - Open, by audition, to students who are currently participating in the Concert Band. Meets 2 days a week during second hour (study hall).
The Rantoul City Schools Band department offers a summer band session for students interested in playing during the summer. Course offerings are: Intermediate Band (for students who already play an instrument), beginning band, summer jazz band, and exploratory band. Students are charged a fee for participation in this 4 week course. In addition to instruction the students receive a t-shirt, folder and pencil. Students in the Intermediate band also will play in the Rantoul 4th of July Parade.